Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lagging

We slept good. We really did. Our room is a little small, but very nice. We might need a bigger one after tomorrow. : ) This morning we woke up and went down for our first breakfast. It was pretty amazing, I must say, which was quite opposite than what we experienced in Hangzhou when we were adopting Lilly. So that was a big plus there, and that in itself made us very happy. After breakfast, we met our guide to go to the bank to exchange some money. She said it would be a short walk, and after about 20 minutes of walking, I would say her idea of short and mine are two different things. Let me back up. For some reason my legs swelled up really really bad on the flight coming home, and have been hurting me since, so the walk to the bank was extra annoying. We did get to see more of the town of Nanjing though on the walk and really enjoyed that part of the trip. So we arrived at the bank, and had 15 people in front of us. Banks in China are very busy. So we sat in the waiting room, while everyone in there pretty much starred at us. Lilly seemed oblivious to the fact that they were talking about her and us. I have no idea what they were saying, but it was pretty obvious they were saying something. After we exchanged our money, we walked through the


mall that is attached to our hotel, and of course made a run through mcdonalds. We were so thirsty at that point, I am pretty sure I had the best coke I have ever had!
We went back to the room, to have some free time and ended up, falling asleep for a quick nap, that lasted from 1-6. Jet lag is really hitting us hard this time..maybe because we did not sleep on the flight? Maybe because we are older? I only know that we are very sleepy!
That's all for now! We have to find some supper! Much love to you all.
.


I have no idea.


Sweet.


View from hotel.


Sweet..


While walking to the bank.

3 comments:

  1. YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE!!! Can't wait for you to get on that plane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to follow this girly - WOW you are finally on the journey YEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete