Monday, August 29, 2011

Sorry for the repeat on some photos. I was having some blogger issues, but I think they are fixed now. On to the updates.
Monday we went to the zoo. It was amazing. Maybe the best zoo I have been to. The pandas were adorable! We were able to see them very close. They were laying on ice slabs. Which looked like a super idea to me because it was so hot. Around 99 degrees, and after you factor in the humidity well over 100. I wish we could have went to the zoo when it was cooler because I really would have loved to look at more.
Before we went to the zoo we had Lincolns TB test read, and thankfully it was negative. I also thought that I had lost my camera. I looked everywhere, could not find it anywhere, so I could not take pictures at the zoo. We do have video though, and thankfully I did find my camera later after we left. The family we are traveling with did graciously agree to share their pictures.
After the zoo, we had our driver drop us off at a Mexican restaurant. It was really good. Our boy can put away some food. When I asked him what he wanted he pointed to beer and buffalo wings. Haha We ordered the wings, hold the beer. They were hot, hot hot. He ate them anyway...and a quesidellia, chips and salsa, and some shrimp. He loved it, which is good because we love Mexican food. He loves spicy food too. His favorite is meat and potatoes though.
After we ate we tried to hail a cab for almost an hour. We finally got one, and the ride back to the island was something between the great race, and live or die. It was an adventure for sure, and I think I will stay within walking distance the rest of the time here.
This morning we had our consulate appointment, which made me really proud to be an American, and know I am coming back to my home country. We took the oath, and they prepared Links citizenship papers. No cameras were allowed, so I don't have pictures.
For now we are back in the room, resting a little. It's so so hot in the middle of the day here. We are going to eat again at the Chinese restaurant on the island. It's up five flights of stairs, but worth every step. So yummy, and so cheap. We ate like kings last time for $10. I wish I could bring some back home. I am sure we will do a little more shopping on the island after we eat. Tomorrow is a free day, so we will make some pictures on the red couch, and prepare to leave.
I can't wait for you all to meet our boy. He is so so sweet, happy, agreeable, really I feel like it's almost too good to be true.
More pictures tomorrow.
Much huggies!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. That is so great that you are staying on the Island - I won't be this time :-( I hope the shopping and entertainment is as good where I will be. At least I have stayed in the White Swan so I don't mind not going back there, just wanted to be on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing trip you have had! Congratulations on your new family.

    ReplyDelete