Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last day in guangzhou

Ah, the last day in Guangzhou. Bitter sweet, but mostly sweet. I am so ready to be back at home, in my bed, with my whole family under one roof.

Last night we went to the Chinese place near Jordan's to eat again. Five flights of stairs, and you know it has to be worth it for me to climb all those steps. The food is so good, and we have met amazing friends here that make it even better.







This morning after breakfast we went swimming at the hotel pool. Link and Lilly loved it, but I must say that my Mom may have had a heart attack had she seen it. The pool was fine, but it was on the top of the building on the roof. Nine floors up I think. And there was only a small railing around the edge. Mom I know you are cringing just thinking about it. Don't worry I took pictures. The view though from so far up was unbelievable. I am always amazed at just how many buildings there are here. As far as the eye can see, and so much traffic.













After that we took the red couch pictures. I was so happy to do that again, because the white swan is closing soon, and I was scared I would not get the pictures like I had for Lilly. I must say I have some awfully cute kiddos. The little girl in pink is Hope. Is she not the cutest thing?














After the pictures session, we went to eat at Lucy's one last time. The food is not good..but it's one of those things that you feel like you should do.









My statue on the island. Looks just like me don't you think?



Tonight, it's five flights up again to eat at the Chinese place. I will be craving this food forever. So I am trying to get my fill. Then back to pack up. Hong Kong tomorrow. Inching closer to home. Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. 5:30 AM China
    Good morning, Guangzhou, and Hello, Hong Kong!!! Wishing you simple easy tranfers today and a flight that is smooth as can be with all four of you napping lots. Congratulations again! Happy Happy Homecoming!!!
    Trena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you tried the Victory pool. Looks like they lightened the pool color so the water doesnt give a questionable appearance.

    You had to take a picture of the green beans! I rarely had them at home but in China we had them all the time. Yummy! Now I'm hungry!

    Good thoughts to the family during the final stretch!

    ReplyDelete